Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Month of Gratitude: Bits and Pieces

While I am trying to be more aware of my gratitude for various things, I haven't been posting daily.

I might also extend this practice beyond November.

But for today I am particularly grateful for 
  • Self-cleaning ovens--no work but lots of satisfaction!  Just in time to get messy again on Thanksgiving.
  • Mugs of Earl Grey tea, especially on blustery fall days, while I read Lady Almina and the Real Downton Abbey.
  • A fully-stocked sewing box and bits of leftover fleece that Sis and Bud are making into sachets for their first lesson in sewing.
  • My giant soup pot filled with chicken-tortellini soup tonight (with some tomatoes--Sis can handle them in the soup as long as she doesn't have to eat them.  Sound familiar?  They both still avoid carrots!)
  • The (until Friday) readily-available camera that was my smartphone--you (and I) have missed out on pictures of fleece pillows and blankets and sachets and many other things in the last 4 days.  So, I am grateful for all of the moments I captured with my smartphone camera.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry about your phone. I know how much it pains you to have potentially lost those photos. I was so upset when my laptop was broken and I lost pictures as Im sure you can recall. Hopefully you find it.

    ReplyDelete