Friday, November 22, 2013

Doctor Who Weekend

If you haven't heard, this weekend is the 50th anniversary of the television show "Doctor Who."  I introduced the kids to the recent reboot, after myself becoming enthralled with the show in the last year or so.  They've seen episodes from the 9th, 10th, and 11th Doctors and look forward to seeing the 12th--they even both recently chose actor David Tennant (#10) as the person they most wanted to have over for dinner, in the guise of the Doctor (good taste, I'd say--and they chose it independently of me and each other!)  They've also put visiting the Doctor Who show and seeing the T.A.R.D.I.S. at the top of their London list (along with Harry Potter studios and the London Eye.)  No doubt after tomorrow's episode, SPOILERS the Tower of London and National Gallery will join the list as well.

So, tonight we'll watch some episodes they haven't seen yet, probably rewatch some of the trailers of the anniversary episode, and tomorrow we'll be watching the live pre-show and then the episode at 2:50, simulcast around the world.

Gotta stock up on Jammie Dodgers.  (Only wish I'd had these to make cookies with.)

(But no fish sticks and custard.)

No comments:

Post a Comment