I'm covered in little bits of fleece fuzz. In fact, it's been quite a fuzzy day over here. First, I cut a yard of rainbow-striped fleece into three scarves, fringing the bottom in 1"-strips; one for me, two for the local community Coat Closet. Then, one of the parent volunteers of our Brownie troop came over to help cut down to size the fleece we're using to make blankets for hospice patients at Thursday's meeting. Then, while Sis was at gymnastics, Bud and I made a fleece pillowcase for a large 25 x 25" fluffy feather pillow. And it is this light pastel rainbow micro-fleece which shed all over me, Bud, and the living room, including Albus the cat who kept trying to help. I've cut all of the extra scraps into more scarves for the coat closet. And the non-scarf-sized remnants were braided into "chew toys" which the cats actually chased around the house! Who knew fleece could be such fun?!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Fleece No-Sew Pillowcase
pillowform, size of your choice
fleece, color(s) of your choice
Measure the size of your pillow. Add 8" to each dimension. For example: our pillow was 25 x 25" so I cut 2 pieces of fleece 33 x 33".
Place fleece wrong sides together (i.e. right sides facing outwards.) Using a piece of cardboard cut 4 x 4", cut a 4 x 4" square out of each corner. Then cut fringe 4" long and 1" wide along each side.
Tie three sides of the fleece together using the knot of your choice. Insert the pillowform and tie the fourth side.
Never thought to make them into pillow covers! Great idea.
ReplyDelete