Thursday, October 17, 2013

Recorder Playing

It's third-grade recorder flute time!

I loved my cream-colored plastic recorder with it's green vinyl case and spongy plunger cleaner.  I learned how to play the theme of Star Wars and "Hot Cross Buns" and "Mary Had a Little Lamb."  And after 35 years, I can still play them all.

Before the kids were born, I even took up trying to play other things on the recorder, got a wooden one, and a teach-yourself book.  I even managed to play a few simple Libana folk tunes on the recorder and others on a pennywhistle.  I'm sure my technique, both fingering and breath, were weak, but I had such a good time.

And now I'm having a great time teaching the kids those three recorder songs I know, plus looking forward to new ones to learn from them.

1 comment:

  1. My kids love their recorders. So do my sisters but I don't remember every learning to play??

    ReplyDelete