Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Best Unlaid Plans

Dinner didn't go as planned, namely because I didn't have a plan.

But it turned out better than just fine.

I had ham in the freezer, from a baked ham a month or so ago, and asparagus in the fridge.  I could've made quiche but didn't want to throw together a crust AND bake the whole thing.  I wanted dinner ready when piano lessons ended.  So I made Ham and Asparagus Spaghetti, with a carbonara-like cheese sauce.

The kids each had two bowls.

Success.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Ham and Asparagus Spaghetti with Cheese 
leftover ham, even frozen
bunch of asparagus, cleaned and cut into pieces
1/2 lb spaghetti
1 tablespoon milk
1/4 cup or more Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon butter
1 egg
salt and pepper to taste

Bring spaghetti water to boil, with ham, if frozen,.  Cook spaghetti as directed, along with asparagus pieces.   Drain spaghetti/ham/asparagus.

In a separate bowl, combine milk, cheese, butter, and egg.  Pour into hot spaghetti pot.  Add drained spaghetti/ham/asparagus.  Mix until cheese is evenly distributed and warmed through.

Serve immediately.

Mommy Hungry

No comments:

Post a Comment