My church is not having a service for Christmas.
This was always my favorite service of the year--candles, singing, community. We even got married before the Christmas Eve service in 2008.
And so I think this might be the straw--either the last one or the one that broke the camel's back.
It just doesn't feel like church anymore, after years of money woes, divisive politics, the loss of our minister, the loss of our building, and now the loss of Christmas service. It's not the kind of church I want for myself and my family, even though I love many of the people and treasure the memories we've shared.
So this Sunday, we'll be going somewhere else to see if we can find a church home elsewhere, still Unitarian Universalist though. At the very least, I need a break, especially because I have so much trouble attending late afternoon service. It's not officially goodbye to our old church just yet, but I'm sad to say it is a start.
I'm sorry to hear this. I hope you and your family can find a church and community that feels right for you soon.
ReplyDelete