Monday, December 19, 2011

Limbo

We liked the new UU church we tried yesterday--the flow of the service, the adult and children RE programs, the social and social justice activities, the reading of the ministers (neither preached as it was a music service).  Still, thinking of leaving our current church is painful.  We know it's not meeting our spiritual or educational needs  anymore, but we still value and enjoy the people.  It reminds me of divorce, stories I've read about wanting to separate from your spouse but not his or her family.  I don't want to attend our current church anymore, but I'm not ready to not see the people every week. It feels like a betrayal or something.  Definitely a loss.  And while the new possibility is alluring, I know it too will present all the challenges of a typical church family.  I'm just hoping the positives outweigh the negatives.  So, we're in limbo for awhile.  We want to go to the new church a few more times, especially to hear the minister preach.  But in truth, the decision is made.

No comments:

Post a Comment