Thursday, December 8, 2011
Advent Activity: Candlelight Again
Today's Advent Activity was looking at lights, not because I knew that our area is fully decorated but because I knew that we would be out after dark. We had Daisies this evening and then another party; more on that soon. And so we made a point of noticing the lights as we drove home. And then, as we approached our house, Mama suggested I lean up to look and I thought it was because our lights look so nice. But no, it was because we had new lights: there were flickering candles in every window, my favorite holiday look! Sis and Bud knew in advance (Bud had helped while Sis and I were at Daisies and then he told her immediately in a hurried whisper) but pretended they were surprised. "Oh, lights!" "Where did the lights come from?" "I don't know." Me thinks the kids doth protest too much. (But I'm glad they can't lie convincingly. Yet.) There were even a few pillar candles inside on the tables. (All battery powered, of course.) It was a wonderful effect and a lovely surprise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment