Thursday, December 22, 2011

Advent Activity: Almost Done

It's always at this point in December that our Advent Activities become less formal and more a part of our preparations for the holiday.  The kids forget to check the socks; I forget to fill them with a slip of paper revealing the days' activity.  In truth, we do more than one.  For instance, on Wednesday, the evening that we honored Hanukkah, we also hand-delivered Christmas cards to our neighbors (each accompanied by an enthusiastic "Merry Christmas!" from Sis) and then the kids wrote Christmas cards to people they wanted to give them to (separate from my list).  Yesterday we talked about Solstice in the morning and then had a dinner playdate with a friend after kung fu (Driver and her daughter).  I called it a Solstice Supper because the food--pizza--we were eating was round!  Yep, a stretch.  But it was still a cheerful, celebratory activity on a dull day. And today's activity?  I don't know yet.  Except beloved Babysitter is home for college and will be coming to see them tonight.  There will be gifts and maybe cookies, if we bake them before she gets here.  But since no one thought about Advent socks this morning, I didn't either.  But obviously we're still counting down til Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment