Friday, July 15, 2011

Summer Night

We all went to a luau last night. Yep, hula dancers in grass skirts, men with raffia calf decorations, a mechanical surf board, even a whole roast pig! Plus bungee-trampolining, rock-wall climbing, fairway with games, a pie contest (mmm, raspberry macadamia cream!) . . . and an EMT room with a comfy bed and ice packs to keep me going. For almost three hours (though, because of an ill-timed sneeze, I spent more time horizontal on ice than I expected, but I'm okay)! Sis and Bud won 5 prizes each (all stuffed and furry), had two hot dogs (she had ketchup, he had pineapple chutney!), and both loved doing the bungee bounce. They also loved dancing to all the music, most of which they recognized from "Glee," including Bud Bieber's favorite "Baby," "Raise Your Glass" (to which Sis knew all the words, and loved miming raising her glass!), and "Firework." All under a beautiful full moon . . . what a wonderful summer night.

No comments:

Post a Comment