Saturday, October 25, 2008

Hubris

I should know better, really, because my undergraduate degree is in Classical Studies and I've read and/or translated most of the Greek tragedies.

Hubris.

Thursday, on Thursday, I wrote here on this blog that we hadn't been sick in months.

Well, strike me down.

Sis came down with 102.5 fever (and probably a tad higher as she wasn't that interested in having her temp taken) this afternoon while we were in the city visiting with Ma and Gong. Tylenol and some tv with Mama allowed her to perk up enough to enjoy some soup and some Chinese books, but she is low (or high) again.

Which means, sooner or later, Bud will have a fever too.

I just hope we're over it before Monday morning, so they'll be clear to go to school on Tuesday.

Too bad they won't be learning about hubris there.

No comments:

Post a Comment