I've lost something.
Well, it's not even a thing, but I've lost it.
Somewhere in the last two weeks or so, I came across a recipe using cannellini beans, of which I have several cans. I made a note to get the other ingredients but now I can't find the original recipe. And can't even recall what else I bought to go in the dish.
Bother.
I hate it when I can't find something. Both my mom and Mama will tell you that once I lose something (say, a baby blanket, for the most recent, infuriating, but happily-resolved example), I obsess and look until I find it again. Luckily, this is usually fairly fast, but in some instances, it is painfully slow.
Right now, in addition to the cannellini bean recipe, I can't find Bud's yellow paddle from his train book set that allows him to mix and match color paddles to make other colors. I've looked and looked.
And I'm a good looker, so to speak. Mama is always misplacing her keys or wallet or phone, or Sis's Shirt or the like, and I always find them, usually very quickly in very obvious places (today, Mama, the missing Shirt was smack dab in the middle of the coffee table.). So, it's not that I can't find things.
But these things I can't find.
And it's driving me nuts.
I'm going to go look again . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment