Thursday, May 1, 2008

On Broadway

My kids broke into song today. Literally.

We were outside playing in the yard and decided to leave the backyard and go to the front. But we needed to clean up, which always includes putting the lid on the sandbox.

So Sis walks over to one side of the lid and belts, "What's going to work?"

And recognizing his cue, Buddy responded, "Teamwork!"

They proceeded to sing the Wonder Pets chorus over and over as they finished cleaning up the backyard.

I guess it's time to introduce Andrew Lloyd Webber!

(Mama will shutter at that, especially because she liked Les Mis better than Phantom of the Opera AND I made her sit through the London production of Whistle Down the Wind. Even I knew that was awful. We're big musicals fans here, though not more recently because of access and, frankly, interest--some of the current shows are ill-conceived and unoriginal. Our first date was to see the original cast of Rent.)

No comments:

Post a Comment