Sunday, May 11, 2008

Hodgepodge

We're learning to tie shoes. Or, well, we're interested. Several times in the last few days, Buddy has asked to untie my shoelaces (I wear my inside trainers with lift all the time) and then asks me to show him how to tie. I didn't learn a funny jingle or even the rabbit ear technique but I'm trying new ways to convey the process to him. But he has his own way of doing it--he wraps them around the bottom of my shoe, will poke them in my socks or pants leg, and then thread them through my other laces, narrating the whole process.

-=-=-=-=-

Our dear babysitter surprised me last week in earnestly prepping the kiddos in "left" and "right."

And they get it backwards everytime!

-=-=-=-=-

Buddy's favorite song:

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
How I wonder . . .
. . . what you had for breakfast.

Sis's favorite song:

Twinkle Twinkle Little . . . Sweet Potato.

-=-=-=-=-

Another song, both of them: "ABCDEFG/HIJKLMNOP/QRSTUV/Now I know my ABCs next time won't you sing with me?"

-=-=-=-=-

How Sis Does the Dinosaur Puzzle: she sorts the pieces by color and then decides which is her favorite dinosaur of the moment and works on that one.

-=-=-=-=-

Playing Wonder Pets is our favorite pretend game now. We sit on the sofa table "flyboat" and sing the theme song. We hop off, run to part of the room to save and animal, and then come home.

One day last week, we took a break from saving animals, had a picnic on "the beach," and went for a swim. Sis was a dolphin and Bud was a sea otter.

-=-=-=-=-

Looking at a picture of butterflies:

Mommy: I think they're beautiful.
Buddy: That's because they are beautiful.

-=-=-=-=-

Sis said something really clever at dinner the other night.

Neither Mama nor I have the foggiest idea of what it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment