Friday, January 16, 2015

Comfy Cozy

As part of the Hibernate workshop, I made this crocheted cover for my hot water bottle. Until recently, I didn't even know there were covers for hot water bottles; in fact, I hadn't used a hot water bottle until a few years ago -- you just don't need them in Houston. Mama teased me about this water bottle cover and that I spent the whole day crocheting it (I admit it's very retro), but she'll be jealous!  Especially when it drops to 12F tonight.

The pattern comes from The Barefoot Crofter.  Hers is in beautiful blue merinos; mine is leftover pink variegated Lion Brand homespun.  Due to my sometimes limited crochet skills and my oddly shaped water bottle, it doesn't quite look like the original, but I like it.


2 comments:

  1. Jamie!!! I love this! Its so pretty! IAre you going to share it with the group? I keep thinking Im never going to get to mine...Working has put a little bit of a damper on hibernate for me this time. Probably Ill catch up on everything during the three day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it - and thanks for the link too :) I can't imagine not needing a hot water bottle in the Winter :)
    I really like your tree pictures.

    ReplyDelete