Monday, March 3, 2014

Stayed Up Way Too Late

But really loved watching Idina Menzel sing "Let it Go!" and also hearing the acceptance speech of its composers, when they won (an Oscar to go with his Emmy, Grammy, and Tony!)  And Frozen won animated feature.  Too bad it was all too late for the kids . . . . they slept (and coughed) all the way through (and he's still quite feverish, poor lad.)

I'd comment on the other races, having read about them in the papers (from Act of Killing to the Lady in Number 6, the Woody Allen/Blue Jasmine/Cate Blanchett conundrum, Lupita Nyong'o at Yale, Matthew McC's weight loss, a bio on Chiwetel Ejiofor, etcetcetc), but I didn't see any other movies this year.

I did like many of the speeches, from Jared Leto's devotion to his mom to Bill Murray referencing Harold Ramis, and especially Lupita Nyong'o's speech about everyone's dreams being valid.  Plus Pink's performance in her ruby red dress and the long list of memorials (thankfully without the applause o'meter.)

And I don't want to be one of those people who talks about anyone's face or clothes or whatever.  I'm trying to follow the golden rule, not only in posts and FB, but in my mind as well.   Because you know that if Cate Blanchett makes an off-handed remark about the hard work of making her beautiful, that it's no wonder we all have body/beauty issues.

Last word for Ellen, who was wonderful:  I'd help pay for pizza if I could share it with Meryl Streep and Emma Watson and Benedict Cumberbatch and Glenn Close!!

No comments:

Post a Comment