Monday, April 15, 2013

Poetry Jam: Spring

I went to school today to read poetry--verse about cats and dogs, bugs and spring--and to write our own diamante and cinquain, about dogs and spring.

Dogs
Barking at the mail carrier
Loud like a fire truck.
Big


Spring
flowers, beautiful
blooming, swinging, singing
those flowers are cool.
Flowers

And when we named flowers--daffodils, daisies, tulips, hyacinths--and one kid asked about bushes with yellow flowers, I knew because I'd asked on FB for Gommie the day before:  Forsythia.

There was also an acrostic using "supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" . . . it's too long to put here (and I'm not sure I spelled it all correctly!)

It was a gentle morning, an innocent counterpoint to this afternoon.

Gommie took the picture on one of her walks so I could post it on FB and ask the name!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment