Monday, April 1, 2013

Poetry Jam: Celebrate Poetry Month!

It's National Poetry Month again and I'm ready to celebrate by reading poetry with the kids every night, perhaps even writing some with them, sharing poetry with their class at school, and reading poetry on my own, especially from the collection by Caroline Kennedy, She Walks in Beauty, which the Easter Bunny brought me along with tea, chocolates, and flowers.  I will also continue to explore the poets Mary Oliver, Jane Hirshfield, and David Budbill, some of whose slim volumes I have, and the poem-a-day from Poets.org that appear in my inbox every morning.

If you're looking for ways to celebrate, check out the Academy of American Poets' ideas here or perhaps some of my old posts (here and here), just search "Poetry Jam."


1 comment: