Sunday, October 3, 2010

This Is Getting Ridiculous

Yesterday, while the kids were at kung fu, the fire alarm suddenly went off.

False alarm. No problem.

But the loud noise made me jump (we have a system and it screeches like a banshee).

And I twisted my ankle.

After 24 hours of ice, elevation, and my existing regimen of meds, I went this morning and had it checked. The xray reveals no damage to the bone.

It's just sprained.

For which I am grateful.

And I'm wearing an air cast and not supposed to stand on it.

After working so hard to get to the point where I could stand when I wanted to.

At least it's not a bad sprain, I hope, because I can stand and walk around without hurting too much.

It'll just be awhile before I can do my 45-minute walk again.

If it isn't one thing, it's another.

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment