Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sad Again, But Not Surprised

And when candidates for high public office, this time Carl Paladino, running for Governor of New York, can say this and be applauded:

“That’s not how God created us,” he said, reading from a prepared address. "I just think my children and your children would be much better off and much more successful getting married and raising a family, and I don’t want them brainwashed into thinking that homosexuality is an equally valid and successful option — it isn’t."
And then, to applause from the group at Congregation Shaarei Chaim, he said: “I didn’t march in the gay parade this year -the gay pride parade this year. My opponent did and that’s not the example we should be showing our children,”

. . . we wonder why kids are killing themselves and nine men in the Bronx tortured three gay men for hours.

And Paladino swears he's not "homophobic."

My goodness then, what is he?

1 comment: