I was at the school for a literacy volunteer meeting and ran into the kindergarten classes as I was leaving (more on that in a minute). I saw Sis and said hi.
And she turned away.
Because the girl in front of her knew me and stopped to smile and wave, the line stopped. But Sis still wouldn't say hi.
Then I heard, "Hi Mom!" from behind me. Bud was smiling and waving.
Sigh.
In fact, the reason I was rushing out the door at all is because they were riding the bus home and I needed to beat it back here. Sis was adamant about taking the bus with her friends, while Bud was willing to go with me and do something fun. But with Sis on the bus, I knew there would be no time for fun as we raced home to meet her, so I encouraged him to ride the bus too.
Sigh, again.
And since I'm going to be at the school probably about once a week, I can replay these scenarios over and over.
Will it get better, you think?
No comments:
Post a Comment