(*Yes, yes, I'm mixing up my meat council commercials.)
I'm making dinner, a new recipe for me, though Mama tried it out on the kids during my . . . convalescence? injury? month from hell? Anyway, it's pork and sweet potatoes and they loved it. I hope they do again. Hmmmm, should've thrown in some apples, too. Maybe I'll bake a few for dessert.
-=-=-=-=-=-=
Roast Pork with Bert's Sweet Potato Stripes
1 1/4 lb lean pork tenderloin
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried sage
1 teaspoon salt
6 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
Preheat oven to 450. Place pork on a rimmed baking sheet. In a small bowl, mix 1 tablespoon oil, garlic, and sage. Rub the garlic mixture all over the meat and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Cut each potato into 8 spears.
In a large bowl, toss potato spears in remaining 1 tablespoon oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Arrange potatoes in single layer on baking sheet.
Roast pork and potatoes for 15 minutes or until pork is 145F (cooking times will vary based on size of tenderloin). Remove pork and let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Use a spatula to turn over potatoes. Reduce oven to 400F and roast potatoes 5 more minutes or until tender.
Sesame Street's C is for Cooking
No comments:
Post a Comment