Thursday, October 14, 2010

Artists List

Answering Ms. Sew-and-Sow's challenge to name my favorite artists in 15 minutes, with no research, here we go, for today, in no particular order:

  1. Johannes Vermeer
  2. Eva Watson-Schutze
  3. Maria Spartali Stillman
  4. Nicholas Maes
  5. Han Gan
  6. Fra Filippo Lippi
  7. John Everett Millais
  8. Alice Austen
  9. Clementina, Lady Hawarden
  10. Bernini
  11. Raphael
  12. Thomas Cole
  13. Camille Corot
  14. Praxiteles
  15. John Leech
(Bonus round, because I couldn't stop at 15:
  1. Fragonard
  2. Emma Stebbins
  3. Tiffany
  4. Mary Cassatt
  5. Berthe Morisot
  6. Kandinsky
  7. Norman Rockwell
  8. those quilters from Arkansas (?)
  9. Kara Walker
  10. Bill Viola
  11. Charles Worth
  12. Julia Margaret Cameron
  13. Thiebaud
  14. Frank Lloyd Wright
  15. Plus those unnamed masters of Greek vase paintings, Gothic stained glass windows (ah, heck, those whole cathedrals!), Celtic stone crosses, stone circles (and crop circles!), the Chinese terracotta warriors, weavers (from Navajo rugs to Chinese silks to those fuzzy batik things from Turkey? that start with an I??. . . . okay, I'm just going to stop. Can't include everyone that is crossing my mind!
Your turn . . . .

OMG, I forgot Constable and Ruisdael and Brueghel (elder and younger) and Steinlein and Holbein and Copley and Charles Rennie Macintosh and Alma-Tadema and Gerome and and and and and

(I might just keep adding . . . . :) )

1 comment:

  1. some new (to me) artists to check out!
    thanks for taking the time to make a list, or two! :-)

    ReplyDelete