Monday, September 16, 2013

Welcome Back, Folks!

My parents are back in the lower 48, after a trip around Western Canada by car and rail.  Pop thought the Canadian Rockies were beautiful but perhaps could have done without the overly attentive, cruise-like tour by rail.  Next time, he said, he'll drive it himself!  It sounds like the area around Banff and Lake Louise was especially awesome--and had some very swanky hotels that they stayed in.  I haven't heard from Gommie, who came home and almost immediately resumed her busy social schedule--Book of Mormon, lunch with a friend, and Mah Jongg.  It'll be interesting to hear her version. Welcome home!

2 comments:

  1. I agree with Pop. I just want to enjoy the scenery quietly. I want my own thoughts. I know exactly how he feels and have said myself, next time we're doing that on our own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. M and I stayed at the Lake Louise Hotel, more like a large French chateau, built by Canadian Pacific Railroad. I would have described it as discreetly opulent with an excellent swimming pool and one of the nicest locations I can recall. Also stayed in Banff.

    ReplyDelete