We had quite the arts and crafts weekend. Sis earned her Rainbow Loom, a plastic peg set used to create colorful rubberband bracelets, which is the hot item among kids, mostly girls, these days. I thought it was just an elementary school thing, but our freshman babysitter says high schoolers have them, too. Sis was thrilled and spent Saturday making bracelets for everyone. I got the first one, a rainbow fish tail, which is actually made using only two pegs. Soon Sis mastered the simple bracelet pattern on the full loom, the first one of which in green and yellow she gave to Mama. I like that she is making things and making them for other people.
I was making things for other people, too. I finished Mama Teacher's variegated pink striped afghan with green trim, which was for her big birthday.
And then I started a prayer shawl for Miss Sunny's birthday. Still a long way to go yet, with a very thick and chunky anniversary yarn from Lion Brand in graystone stripe colors, but it's off to a good start.







No comments:
Post a Comment