It's hard to start the day at a loss, but that's how it often is with breakfast for the kids here. They both usually like hot meals--for every meal--and they don't drink milk, dairy and non-, so cereal is out. They like bread and honey or jam, cinnamon raisin bread, fresh fruit, granola. Sis likes scrambled eggs; Bud likes oatmeal. They don't like the other's favorite. I'm experimenting with other breakfasts, this one comes from my own childhood: cinnamon toast. Sis likes it better than Bud, but both will eat it. So add another to my repertoire.
I wonder if they'd like cheesy Welsh rarebit for breakfast?
-=-=-=-=-=
Cinnamon Toast
slices of bread (French or Italian works best)
butter, softened
white sugar
cinnamon
Arrange slices of bread on baking sheet. Spread butter on each slice and sprinkle on sugar and cinnamon. Broil until toasty brown.
Gommie Hungry
One of my favorites as a child. I don't make this enough for my kids.
ReplyDelete