Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Fruity-licious

Going to a coffee morning with some of my dear playgroup friends today, but I didn't bake.  I'm thinking of taking fruit and a dip--caramel and apples and/or fruit and one of these creamy, sweet dip.  Sure, fruit this time of year doesn't need dip, but it's a special gathering and these are all yummy.  Now I just have to choose.

=-=-=-=-=-=

Sour Cream and Cinnamon Fruit Dip
Using Penzey’s cinnamon makes this an almost spicy dip, which I first served for Applepalooza 2008.

8 oz. carton (1 c.) dairy sour cream
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon

Combine in a small bowl. Cover. Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours to blend flavors. Serve with fresh fruit (1 cup).

cooks.com

-=-=-=-=-=-

Mama Teacher's Famous Fruit Dip
I love, love, love this dip.  And finally got the recipe for it on the last day of the year 2008!

2-6 oz containers Yoplait Light Yogurt, Very Vanilla
2 tablespoons fat free cream cheese
1 teaspoon cinnamon

In a microwave-safe bowl, combine all ingredients.  Heat for 45 seconds in microwave.  Stir an dmicrowave an additional 40 seconds.  Serve with fruit for dipping.


Mama Teacher

-=-=-=-=-=

Patricia’s Fruit Dip
I tried my first nectarine with this dip—and now I like nectarines a lot!  From that trip to San Antonio with my friend Sharon.

8 oz. block of cream cheese, softened
1 jar (16 oz.) marshmallow cream

            Blend and chill.

my college roommate

                                                                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment