Friday, October 5, 2012

My Inner Merida*

I have a new toy, pre-Christmas:  a bow and arrows!  It's an Archery Tag set, meaning it has foam tips on the arrows and not enough weight in the bow to kill anything.  It's for play, like paintball, but with arrows (yeah, people actually shoot these at each other; I just want to shoot targets).  I first saw the set at Mama's company picnic and had a blast shooting it (rather accurately, I must add!).  Actually, I've always liked archery, ever since we took it as part of our P.E. class in high school.  Now, with Hunger Games and Brave, archery is very popular.  We watched a lot of it during the Olympics--amazing!  And so now, I have my own set to practice with, even for the kids to practice with.  It's going to be great fun.  And with those foamy tips, as safe as it can be.

(*Not my inner Katniss!)

2 comments:

  1. Where did you get this set? How much was it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mama bought it at archerytag.com. It was expensive but I haven't checked the current pricing . . . .

    ReplyDelete