Friday, October 19, 2012

Raining on my Parage

First, my car windows were left open accidentally last night . . . and we got 2 inches of rain.  Mind you, we'd just had it detailed and it was wonderfully clean.  f*********k.

Now, the neighborhood grocery store (I'm talking about you, Stop and Shop!) refused our request to have our bake sale there because we're not an official tax exempt organization.  Which I had explained clearly to the manager on Monday, realizing that could be the hiccup, and he said it was ok.  Well, apparently it's not.  What a waste of time.

So now, I'm between a rock and a hard place.  The goal was to help Sis have her bake sale to help her friend.  And to make a little money for his family.  Perhaps I had delusions of grandeur.  But I realized I didn't want to advertise it at my house if I was going to spread the word, especially on FB.  So somewhere public.

That's the hard part.  Friends have come up with great ideas--like the soccer fields on Saturday--but it's all very heavily dependent on the weather, in a way the f****king grocery store wouldn't have been.  And we're having such constant, crazy rainy damp weather.  Who knows.

So I'm thinking of scaling back some and doing it on our corner if the weather is good and not having too many other bakers so that we don't have all this food waiting.  Not what I envisioned.

Blah.

But still what Sis had in mind.

And that's it . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment