Just a quick update for those of you keeping tabs on Mama here. She's been home less than a day and is doing much better. Yesterday was rough--not enough pain medication so she had trouble moving, a direct result of too much the day before which caused nausea so she had trouble moving! We think we finally found the right combination with her morning dose today. Her folks are taking wonderful care of her and my folks are taking wonderful care of the kids. And I'm balancing it all.
In the foreseeable future: she won't be able to drive for three weeks, at least, so she's home and resting. My folks are here another 10 days, almost up to the first day of school. Her parents will be going back and forth as needed. The kids are having Gommie and Pop camp this week--fishing, swimming, kite-flying, bird-watching, and more--and then kung fu camp next week until around 3 pm, leaving time for Gommie and Pop fun. Then it'll be the sprint to school.
They are ready for school but neither anxious nor especially excited because they are looping and will therefore have the same teacher and classmates. Which is fine--we don't need anxiety or uncontrolled excitement right now!
As for me, I'm hanging in. Actually, I haven't had much to do with all the grandparents in full swing, but that's okay. I greatly appreciate their help.
All good news! Thanks for updating.
ReplyDeleteHugs to all!
Glad she's better! The kids must be having such a fabulous time!!
ReplyDelete