Saturday, August 18, 2012

Saturday Smiles

Gommie and Pop are enjoying the beauties of the Hudson Valley today while Ma and Gong came up for a visit.  The kids enjoyed playing computer games with them (Blink?  Diamond?  Who knows!) while I ran some errands and Mama rested.  She'd had a fever for about 17 hours and was tired from a restless night.  But the fever is gone today (the doctor said it was probably something to do with her lungs contracting after surgery??  She is now definitely remembering to do her breath exercises!  But I wouldn't be surprised if it came back at night) and she seems happier and more at ease.  So right now, we're all upstairs, very still, watching Pokemon: The Movie, which couldn't make the kids and Mama happier!

A completely unexpected bonus:  it was so cool outside today--high around 78F--that we didn't even turn on the AC but enjoyed the nice breeze.  And it's supposed to be 59F tonight!

2 comments:

  1. Even with all the clever equipment used the surgery is still serious and can never be taken lightly, just be careful and patient, things will improve day by day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope she is even better today. I am interested in talking with you, her experience has been much different then mine. I know we all have different thresholds for pain, healing time, etc. But I wonder if there may have been some major or minor differences in the actually surgery between the two of us??? As I said I hope she is feeling more herself today.

    ReplyDelete