Gommie and Pop have been here only about 24 hours and have already taken the kids swimming twice, bike riding, out for ice cream, to the beach to fly kites, to the store for fishing poles and worms, and now to a steak dinner (yep, Texan grandparents take the kids for BEEF, which they never get at home!). Wears me out just thinking about it, but I'm so glad that the cavalry arrived with energy, fresh perspective, and fun.
Meanwhile, we're at home with Mama fasting and packing her hospital bag. I'm keeping her company while she plays video games and I pin recipes on Pinterest, both of us watching Brokaw's "The Finest Hour" about the Blitz since we've watched all the Olympics.
I'm fielding kind emails from surprised but supportive friends, encouraging me to, borrowing from England c. 1940, "keep calm and carry on." And we're doing pretty well, despite or even because of my public panicked post.
Except Mama is ready to eat the remote control!
I fully expect to post, in about 24 more hours, that all is well and Mama is in her room, hopefully sleeping it all off.
Ready to eat the remote control!! Completely understand. All I could think about when I woke up was eating! I ordered whatever they would allow me and once I was fully awake and the next morning I was just going crazy for my coffee. Could. Not. Wait. Mike took me straight away to the coffee shop and I have never savored a cup of coffee more than that morning....
ReplyDeleteSo happy Gommie and Pop are there to help. I bet the kids are having such a great time!