Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Afternoon

Warning:  TMI medical stuff below.

Mama's procedure went well.  They drained more than a cup of fluid from abdomen and she felt relief right away.

But.  But the fluid was not infected and probably not the source of the fever.  And her fever is still rising.  The doctors are perplexed but not so much worried.

She's here for awhile....keep sending comments and emails please.  They cheer her up and help us feel connected to thw world outside.

2 comments:

  1. Hope they figure it out soon so she can feel better. My goodness! I've been thinking of you both all day. Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep the medical info coming. You can give me all the gross details!!! I would have liked to have seen it. Stuff like that is cool. Are they culturing the fluid to see what, if anything, the fluid grows out? I'm glad Mama Hungry felt better immediately. Over 240 mL is quite a bit of fluid. What else can I write that's distracting? Hmmm...I won't mention food and abscess fluid together in the same paragraph, although this morning I did make some lovely scones from a just add water mix! Mag's in bed and I need to clean the kitchen, work on her Christmas stocking http://www.plaidonline.com/bucilla-seasonal-felt-stocking-kits-the-finishing-/24/86278/product.htm, and try to finish a movie Scott and I have been "watching" for several days. Y'all hang in there. It will get better :)

    ReplyDelete