Friday, August 24, 2012

Today, So Far

Mama was fever free overnight.  I know I've told you before, but it really bears repeating.

One of her doctors came in for a long visit this morning, talking to us about bacteria and drains, CT Scans and antibiotics.  I think they feel more confident that they've really narrowed down the sensitivities and have the right meds.  We really like this doc, and not just because we found out yesterday she was "family" and today that she was from TX!  I even offered to make her a Tex-Mex chocolate sheet cake.  For tomorrow.  I think Gommie wishes I hadn't, but I'm looking forward to doing something normal like baking a cake so I'm excited.

The radiologist says they'll do another CT scan, probably on Monday, because the abscess is not gone and until they think they're closer to being done draining it, there's no sense checking.  Which of course puts her departure into the middle of next week.  She also has to be fever-free for 36 hours (it's usually 24, but she had a rough time of it--the bacteria even infected her blood, we learned today!).  She also needs to be off IV antibiotics and have it under control with orals.  Plus just feel better, which means, in this case, actually eating.

So, sure, she'd love to come home sooner, but she feels so much better with no fever--and no roommate and the hairwashing I gave her today and some of a baked potato for lunch--that she's doing ok.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like she's moving in the right direction. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete