Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Readying for the Heat

It's the last day of school!  And it's gonna be a scorcher.  The kids are off in shorts with full bottles of water. I have ice cream all ready for after school.  I just watered the plants, prophylactically, in hopes that at least some of them make it through now three hot days relatively unscathed (our New England plants can't handle the heat like Texas's).  We've got the shades drawn--our house gets so much light, a blessing and also a problem (not quite a curse) on days like today.  And I'll keep inching up the AC--ours can only keep the house about 10 degrees cooler than the outside (I've tried to have professionals tell me why y'all's ACs can get houses 68F when it's 100F and they just murmur something about your industrial units).  Which means it could get to 85-90F INSIDE today.  Which means if it gets too unbearable, we'll go to one of the big box stores--with those industrial ACs. We'll be fine; it's even kinda fun for a day or two.  But I'll be glad when it's 75F again next week!

(I really should figure out how to make a degree sign in Blogger.)


1 comment:

  1. I love the heat as you know. But today! OMG! It's HOT out there!!

    ReplyDelete