We saw Mama's doctor today, who will be referring us to Dr. Roboto! Yep, Mama wants a special DaVinci robotic hysterectomy--tiny incisions, short hospital say, less recovery time! We'll see. Don't know what the turnaround time is, though still probably relatively soon (i.e. summer).
Since I did the same thing, I can tell you for me the recovery was very quick. It wasn't so much pain, more of a discomfort and I was very very sleepy for a few days because of the anaesthesia (sp?) Within a few days I felt like myself. And even got the go ahead to exercise after one week! I think she will be happy with the results. I wish her lots of luck.
ReplyDeleteRobot or manual this is serious stuff, but not as serious as it was 60 or 70 years ago. We all wish you well. I recall saying to a surgeon some 30 years ago that perhaps robots could do some of his work to be told it would be impossible! My guess is that come 20 years such surgery will be done by laser or some clever device without any sort of mechanical invasion. Removing the detritus may require another clever piece of engineering but it will be done. I shall never know if I was right.
ReplyDelete