Bud's learning how to be a drunken master.
Don't worry, it's a kung fu style. Essentially, the fighter stumbles around seemingly drunk to confuse his or her opponent, all the while maintaining their strength, power, and focus. Apparently, it's actually one of the hardest styles because it requires so much control. See Jackie Chan's movie, Drunken Master, for great examples. One of the older boys at Buddy's academy is learning the style and Bud watched entranced on Saturday. So he's been practicing at home, even though he isn't quite sure what "drunk" is. So I gave him a suggestion: spin around the room until you're dizzy and then try to do your form. He loves this! And it does resemble the style.
While he spins and kicks out of control, I've been making smoothies on my new Ninja blender--gotta love the name! It's got close to the power of a VitaMix but at 1/6th the cost. So far, everyone likes my new Mango Smoothie best.
And that's a good kind of drunk.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Mango Smoothie
1 bag frozen mangoes, approx. 16 oz.
1/2 cup soymilk
1 cup mango nectar
1 tablespoon brown sugar
the juice of one lime
Combine ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth. Add additional soymilk and nectar, equally, as needed.
Mommy Hungry
HAHA! When I saw the title I thought you might have tied one on last night!! Just kidding. Sounds interesting and smart! A perfect way to fool your opponent. The smoothie sounds delicious.
ReplyDelete