I'm waking up at 6:30 to meditate. Without my alarm clock. Coincidence? Some kind of subconscious need? Yesterday, I sat in my desk chair, not wanting to stray to far from the bedroom because the creaky upstairs floors will wake the kids who look for any sound in the morning to announce morning. But, even though I counted my breaths, I spent the whole time thinking how tight my back was without a pillow. Still, I made about 8 minutes before I stopped, without clock-watching (or Droid-watching, in this case. See how useful that phone is?). Today, I realized I forgot my pillow to make the chair palatable and so I assumed the back neutral position my PT likes, in bed, and meditated there. Judgement time: I know I'm not supposed to meditate lying down in bed, but until I get a comfortable position between my lumbar and thoracic and now cervical spine constantly arguing with each other, all things are possible. And for today it worked. Tomorrow, we're hoping to free my glider--yep, those pregnancy chairs can have a second life!--and I can use that. Lots of support.
Speaking of support, I felt this amazing, glowing enveloping of support from Karen Maezen Miller, the Zen priest and author whom I've referenced here numerous times, who linked to my
first meditation pledge post on
her own blog. I first noticed it when I had a comment from someone I didn't know, which almost never happens. Then another and another. Four altogether. People who don't know me who came here from her and were supportive of and inspired by my efforts, which in turn inspired and humbled me. By then, I'd read her post and caught the link. It was quite a warm, fuzzy feeling all day. And I am grateful.
While I think it's too early to evaluate this practice, I am having a pretty good few days. Coincidence? I'm not sure it matters.
No comments:
Post a Comment