Monday, August 30, 2010

Fear Itself

Can you say sacroiliac joint injection using x-ray guided fluoroscope?

Neither can I.

But ask me after Friday and I'll tell you all about it.

After lots of rest, drugs, therapy, patience, we're moving it up a notch. From what I can tell, this procedure will either immediately help. Or not. Here's hoping.

Truth be told, I'm nervous. I don't like injections much and it sounds like there will be three: a local, the joint anesthesia, and then the corticosteroid something-or-other. I don't like hospitals much either.

If it means, though, that I will be able to walk for more than 5 minutes without narcotics, sit at all, or, gasp, drive, I'm all for it.

Right?

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! I'll be thinking about you on Friday.

    By the way, Dee saw a doctor today about the knee pain she's been having...ortho-arthritis, or something like that. He gave her a steroid injection in each knee (joint?)and she said she had almost immediate relief and that it should be even better in about a week.

    ReplyDelete