"How did I get in your tummy?"
And heaven help me, my answer to Bud wasn't the best. I just couldn't fathom that a 5-year old boy could maturely grasp penises, vaginas, sperm, eggs, and how they all come together in typical circumstances. Yep. Sex. I toyed with a cooking analogy, you know ingredients coming together, "bun in the oven." UGH. Just. Couldn't. Do. It. Nor did, "well, usually, a mommy and a daddy make a baby together." Nope. Not here.
So, I went with our story. Donors, doctors, help. My usual "The doctor helped us have you, along with the nice man we never met." speech. And that seems to have done it for the time being.
Which gives me some time to work on the rest of the answer.
Who would've thought I would be at a loss for words? Or somehow hesitant? Some things are harder than I expected.
No comments:
Post a Comment