Thursday, August 26, 2010

Howdy

Just wanted to type a quick line. Things are status quo, the new one that is. Which means that I'm still in bed, with a very gentle schedule of standing up and walking about (2 minutes every 20 minutes), meds to make that bearable (a course of steroids, muscle relaxers, and narcotics! Trigger injections of lydocaine probably plus steroids next week. One more thing to put me up there with all those professional athletes--needles!), hopes of driving still weeks away, and not much else because it's too much strain really to hold a book or type on the computer except in very small bursts. The kids are still greatly enjoying Gommie and Pop, who have generously, lovingly, patiently, compassionately, offered to stay through next week, the first week of school (and Pop's 70th birthday!!). The kids have gotten past, for now, the fear of being separated and just seem excited to go. Which is a relief. Especially under the circumstances. And we are pretty much ready . . . at least with everything that is important. Anything else can wait these days.

I have a billion blog posts in my head, from the mundane to the extraordinary, tidbits, recipes, lessons I've learned, things I'm longing to do, valuable experiences with meditation, gratitude for family and friends, hopes, fears, and in betweens. And I've taken notes . . . but now's not the time.

Thanks to all who have commented on my blog and called and emailed and brought treats and visited and offered to cook. I am touched beyond words and know that all of your kindnesses are helping with (what otherwise seems like very slow) healing.

But especially to my parents, Mama, and the kids . . . .

1 comment:

  1. What a relief to see your post just now. I've checked numerous times every day and was really getting worried. Wish there was something I could do.

    ReplyDelete