Thursday, March 19, 2015

Affirmations


It's been a rough couple of days.  Cold weather and storms, tough part of my cycle, possible endometriosis, and some anxiety about not feeling well.  Vicious cycle.  Nothing awful, just exhausting and frustrating. Except this is a big weekend--our Girl Scout overnight--and I want to go.  So I'm putting the list of affirmations I regularly add to in order to bulk up my confidence and have readily available.


I have not had severely debilitating back pain in almost 4 whole years.
Last Memorial Day 2014 when I had back pain, I still functioned and did things.
I can walk longer and faster than ever before.
I know how to cope with pain.
I know how to cope with fear.
I know there will be pain and fear and I am ready.
I have compassion for myself.
I have the tools I need--meds, heat pack, brace, stretches, rest.
I have great support and understanding in Gin and the kids.
I have the time and resources to take it easy.


I survived and thrived at Disney World and DC and Boston and Philadelphia and Houston.
Even though EPCOT was hard, I got through it.
I've done 
  • basketball
  • water basketball
  • long movies
  • Lion King, Phantom of the Opera, Les Mis, Wicked, Vagina Monologues
  • the flight to Texas
  • museums
  • our nano-honeymoon in NYC (and all those stairs at the Merchant House)
  • restaurants at night
  • walking in the snow
  • snow angels
  • canoeing
  • laundry
  • baking
  • unloading the dishwasher
  • walking on the treadmill
  • sitting on the floor with the cats
  • taking a real bath.

I can sit at a hospital bedside and visit for hours.
I can light a fire and cook over it.
I can go swimming.
I took Food, Fire, & Fun.
I took Archery and was certified as an instructor.
I passed First Aid and CPR--I can give mouth-to-mouth and use an AED.
I have ridden on parade floats and given a lecture on costuming in full corseted costume.
I can sit at the piano and play "Finlandia."
I am learning ASL.
I went on a retreat by myself.  I sat at length, creating art.  I even took yoga.
I have won 4 stars on Just Dance, dancing to "Bang, Bang."


I flew to England and back..
I did Cardiff. I did England.

I can do this.  

1 comment:

  1. No one doubts your brvery, it is your hearing we question. Do you listento what your body is telling you? We alll need you for another 14 years by which time I shall be 100 and can leave the world peacefully.

    ReplyDelete