Friday, March 13, 2015

Failure and Success

Ok, I wrote this on Wednesday, but instead of changing all the time references, I'm just posting it as is.  (I've been having some second thoughts about eating meat, but that's another post.)


Yesterday, I went to make a new post-vegetarian chicken recipe (see, I'm having this weird chicken craving that really induced the post-vegetarianism, except I've been having moral pangs, or are they ethical pangs) and, as I pulled all the chicken out of the fridge, I realized that it needed to marinate overnight.  Ugh.

So, not wanting to freeze the chicken, I prepped the overnight dish, a honey soy ginger chicken dish, AND made the other new post-vegetarian chicken recipe, a Chicken Divan casserole, for dinner.  And it was kinda complicated

And one of the kiddos didn't like it at all.  She likes rice.  She likes cheese.  She likes chicken.  She likes broccoli.  And she likes Panko breadcrumbs.  But not altogether.

Sigh.

Bud liked it so much that he even took it to lunch today.

Tonight's dinner, on the other hand, was a roaring success!  They both loved the marinated soy honey ginger chicken (though, I confess to only mentioning the honey and soy.)  LOVED it.



-=-=-=-=-=-

Honey-Soy Sauce-Ginger Chicken Marinade
1 cup honey
3/4 cup soy sauce
3 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
8 cloves garlic, minced
bunch of scallions, finely chopped

Combine ingredients and pour over about 2 lbs chicken pieces (I used boneless breasts and thighs.)  Marinate in refrigerator overnight.  Bake COVERED at 350F for 30 minutes, then uncover and bake for 30 or 40 minutes at 375F.

The Mom 100 Cookbook

No comments:

Post a Comment