Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Here I Go

Oh, it's all coming back to me:

Reference letters.
Transcripts.
The personal essay.

Yep, I'm applying for graduate school.

Again.

I mentioned my call to become a UU hospice chaplain and, after much research, I've determined that the best course for me is to pursue a Master of Divinity in order to be a fully accredited chaplain, through the Unitarian Universalist Association.

I can go to school online, with a few intensive weeks at the school, which specializes in a low-residency online program.  It's also a fully recognized UU seminary.  And the program takes three years, including some of the Clinical Pastoral Education credits I would need to become a chaplain.

So, I'm applying.

Nervous.  Excited.  School-weary.  Determined.

I just need to keep the end in sight, my hospice work with dying patients and their families.

Can't wait!  Wish me luck!


1 comment: