Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Today

Today, in order:
  • Bud and I wake up excited that it's a snow day--I didn't even sleep that well waiting for the call, like a mini-Christmas;
  • so we go downstairs and play games in the darkness before dawn; he teaches me Shut the Box and Captain's Mistress (like Connect Four) and I practice Mancala;
  • we all share hot, homemade sourdough biscuits with honey and butter, plus scrambled eggs and bacon;
  • but we can't really clean because the pipe behind the sink/dishwasher has frozen again--only the cold though, so we put the hot fan on it (and 10 hours later, it still hasn't thawed);
  • the kids play outside for just a bit--so cold, at 1 degree and -17F windchill;
  • Mama works from home with lots of conference calls; in between, she snowblows the drieway;
  • the kids and I make thumbprint art;
  • Bud's Yoda and Grievous; my Ewoks, and Sis's 10th Doctor with the TARDIS and a Slitheen
  • then we clean the magnetic chalk wall and create a TARDIS in the Time Vortex;
  • Our TARDIS in the Time Vortex

  • we talk to Gommie and Pop, who are "staycationing" at the cabin in central Texas;
  • mmmm, Frito chili pie lunch;
  • we watch two Doctor Who episodes, including the Shakespeare one (only 2+ months!!!) and the one with the actor from "Merlin";
  • Mama takes the kids sledding, cut short by a non-dangerous collision and child upset and embarrassed;
  • I get REALLY frustrated at our historic house partners who drive me nuts on average once a tour season and make my blood boil--this time they set the tour dates with the school district without telling me, after I expressly requested a delay of less than week---AGGGGHHHH.  Yeah, let's see what teachers come the f***ing day after spring break, a*******.  What kind of partnership is that?  Where's the respect?  It's just so frustrating!!!!
  • Then I receive an email regarding a package I never received, the company concluding it was sent--more hassle.  But I think they're coming around to make good on it, hopefully.
  • so, I walk on my treadmill;
  • we had some reading time and, now
  • it's piano lesson time!
Busy rest of the week--Brownies, maybe hospice, GS training, first aid class, birthday party, Sunday school teaching, Sunday school teacher meeting--whew.

And yes, my arm is still problematic.

Sending love to Mama Teacher, who has the real flu, poor dear.  Get well soon!

1 comment:

  1. It gets worse when your children develop minds of their own!
    Worse still when your grandchildren start arguing with their parents!
    Many of your avid readers will understand.

    ReplyDelete