Friday, April 11, 2008

Quips and Quotes

DD now insists every time that I say "little" that she is a "big girl."

-=-=-=-

DS has discovered "why?" He loves it. I can't even think of a single example right now because it happens so frequently. I usually cut him off after three.

-=-=-=-

DS is constantly counting on his fingers, up to five. But today he was perplexed--how do you do "6"? So I showed him but he was not interested in using both hands. I'll just have to teach him how to do it in ASL (which only uses the 1 hand).

-=-=-=-

DS is also into "yet," as in "is it ready yet?" and "are we there yet?" And he repeats this almost as often as he says, "why?"

-=-=-=-

DD is always very concerned about which McD's we're going to eat at--brown roof or red roof. I didn't know there were different ones. But she's absolutely right.

-=-=-=-

Actually, they both like to "picnic" at McD, getting takeout and eating it in the car. Unless we're at the red roof McD, and then they like to eat inside.

-=-=-=-

"Pay out" is "check out." And everything always costs "twenty dollars." Even a single plastic carrot. I'm glad someone else checked us out at Target today or it would be too costly to take them shopping. As it was, we came home with more markers and chalk than strictly necessary.

-=-=-=-

There is a feud at the "Mermaid Bakery," i.e. our bathtub at night. DD wants to "bake" cupcakes while DS insists they are muffins.

-=-=-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment