I'm a great beginner at things--new hobbies, my dissertation, diets--but eventually the novelty wears off and discipline kicks in. Or doesn't. I start things very well but often don't continue or finish well, or in good time (i.e. that Ph.D. took awhile). And I'm finding the same thing with my diet right now. I know, I know, I'm not supposed to call WW a diet. But, well, it is, even if I'm suppsed to call it a "lifestyle" (according to others, often conservatives, I have another "lifestyle"--as if being a lesbian were a fad or a phase--I HATE that word. Is being married to a man a lifestyle? So, I actually prefer "diet").
Anyway, I've been gaining and losing the same darned 5 lbs for several months, mainly because I lose focus on weekends, do well on M-W, and then lose it again for T-F. Ugh. One week up, one week down. I know why it happens, I know how it happens, and I know how to fix it.
So, I'm trying again. "Try again" is a mantra in this household, when we can't do something or something doesn't work out quite right. I think it's important for kiddos, and for myself, to keep trying, even if we have to keep trying over and over. It's hopeful. And it works with blocks, putting on t-shirts, and pouring water into cups. So, it should work with dieting.
And eventually, I'll do it.
I agree...you need to keep trying. Don't give up...you'll get there! See ya soon!
ReplyDelete