We have a new goodnight ritual, though it also crops up at other times.
DS started it, after seeing the Valentine's Day episode of Little Bear (can I tell you how much I love this show?). That night, when I kissed him good night and said I had a wonderful day (the other nighttime saying that DS started), he said, "I love you more than mud." Awhhhh.
Don't get it? See, Duck on the show loves mud and made Valentine's day cards with her footprint--she said it meant "I love you more than mud."
Awwwwhhh.
So now, my hugs are sometimes accompanied with this mud statement, which is funny because when I was growing up the family saying was "I love you like a rock!"--this originated with one of my dad's fishing buddies, Champ, who was a real character. I think it means steadfast, strong, solid.
Now, the kiddos have added, also from that episode, "I'm your secret admirer . . . and you know it!" to which you respond in kind. It can go on ad infinitem.
Awwwwhhhhh.
No comments:
Post a Comment