Friday, July 24, 2015

Inspiration

As I mentioned in my summary post this morning, I've been doing some work in the garden.



No, that's not it.

That's one of those spaces companies plant and maintain seasonally to make their businesses more attractive . . . . though, it's usually with a single sad hosta surrounded by 6 feet of red mulch or bland white rocks.  But this company, on the corner of a busy town intersection, has done--or more specifically, hired a company to do--so much more.  Look!


Lavender.  Echinacea.  Phlox (the tall kind.)  Day lilies.  Black-eyed susans.  And those are just the ones I can pinpoint.  It kinda reminds me of a cottage garden--bright, tall, all thrown in together (everything reminds me of England these days!  Oh, I'm having withdrawl from a 14 months ago--with perhaps 11 months til our next trip.)



I love it!  I love that they did more than one sad hosta or some poor impatiens or petunias that will just wither.

Sure, the plants are transplanted full grown, in full sun, and have professional year-round tending (weeding, watering, etc.)--meaning it's not something I can easily copy--but I love the look.  The photos look a little dirty or washed out in the full sun and my smartphone camera, but I loved it.

I'll have to plant echinacea and black-eyed susans and tall phlox next year, too.

Or just keep patronizing this business (which is a burger joint.)

No comments:

Post a Comment