Thursday, July 9, 2015

Mandala Making

It's stress-relieving to crochet and, for whatever reason, I'm tense this week.  PMS?  Third full week of summer?  Too hot and muggy?  Sure.  But if you were to come poke me right now, I'd bite your finger.

But crocheting is a form of meditation for me and so I made two today, both based on Wink's 12-round basic mandala pattern, though I didn't do nearly that many rounds (nor are my stitches as tight, or yarn as thick, as hers; still, I like the effect.)  One is drying (I used a Mod Podge solution to stiffen it and am waiting to see if it works as well as white glue and water.  Photo later.) and the other is very small, only 3 rounds plus a round of single crochet stitches around the embroidery hoop.  I think it's pretty--I'll be giving it away to a friend who is having surgery tomorrow (good luck, friend! And happy healing!)  I like the purples but wonder if the crochet-to-hoop ratio isn't right.  I'll have to play with it.  But I'm very pleased with it, especially as it's the very first.


Just looking at the photo makes me feel less pissy, and that's no small accomplishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment